State-of-the-art sound shaping under your fingertips!
All K Series amplifiers can be factory-equipped with KDSP, or be retrofitted later.
The KDSP board provides access to unique Armonía Pro Audio Suite™ functionalities such as LiveImpedance™ Measurement, TruePower™ Limiter, and Active DampingControl™.
Programming/editing can be achieved both via the amplifier front panel and via Ethernet with the Armonía Pro Audio Suite™ software.
Processing power and audio performances
Based on Analog Devices SHARC® DSP with 40 bit floating point data allowing for optimal dynamic range and lossless processing, the KDSP board offers:
2x analog input with:
- Tandem® technology for optimized A/D conversion (>125dB SNR)
- Up to 4s of input delay
- Arbitrary frequency response input equalizer with three layers of 32 filters each (PEQ, Raised cosine, Shelving)
Complete set of limiters: RMS, TruePower™ and Peak limiter with look ahead, to protect drivers from excessive power and potentially breaking displacement.
2x fully processed outputs with:
- 8 biquad crossovers (up to 48 dB/octave)
- 16 full parametric filters per channel (Peaking, High/Low Shelving, High/Low Pass Eq, Band pass, Band stop, All pass)
- Custom FIR filter (385 taps @ 48 kHz or 96 kHz for the pre-output eq and for each output eq)
- 100ms delay available for alignment/auxiliary purposes
Control and monitoring features
The KDSP board is fully supported by Powersoft Armonía Pro Audio Suite™ software allowing full access to unique features:
- Active DampingControl™, for dramatically improved cone control resulting in better sound and higher output
- TruePower™ Limiter to avoid burning voice coils while getting maximum performances
- LiveImpedance™ Measurement for load impedance monitoring during live performances, using 8 analog audio inputs for output current and voltage acquisition.