The Behringer SD16 Digital Stage Box closes the gap between the onstage talent, front of house and the rest of the world.
This ultra-affordable digital stage box features 16 MIDAS-designed remote-controllable mic preamps, and 8 balanced analogue XLR returns at the stage end, and an integrated 2-port ULTRANET distribution hub for direct connection to Behringer's P16-M personal monitor mixers, without any additional hardware required.
Up to three SD16's can be used as part of a complete X32 system. The digital stage box's can be hooked up to each-other via the AES50 ports to provide up to 24 bidirectional inputs and 24 balanced XLR outputs. An ULTRANET distribution hub provides power and 16 channels of audio to 2 Behringer Powerplay P16-M personal monitor mixers per SD8, all via inexpensive Cat 5e cabling. Hi-Z sources are also compatible to two of the programmable inputs, meaning you can connect guitars and keyboards with no DI box needed. A USB port makes for easy and fast system updates via your PC.
The SD16 features 8 Servo-Balanced XLR Outputs that allow you to connect your amp racks, active loudspeakers and monitors. The SD'8's operation eliminates the slightest possibility of radio frequency interference and crosstalk, thanks to its reference-class Cirrus Logic 24-bit converters.
The SD16 features ULTRANET, a revolutionary technology that can seamlessly transmit up to 16 independent channels of 24-bit digital audio and control data via a single Cat 5e cable between compatible digital devices. Using this, compared to traditional analogue methods, ensures that all audio signals are impervious to radio frequency interference. As well as this, ULTRANET also ensures that signal crosstalk is eliminated, and ease of use translates directly into a significant amount of time saved during show setup or installation.
The SD16's high-capacity, ultra-low latency digital interconnectivity is possible via KLARK TEKNIK's SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant). Engineers at KLARK TEKNIK have worked hand-in-hand with Behringer to ensure the SD16 meets, or exceeds, the requirements of live entertainers and their professional audio engineers.
The SD16 is an extremely versatile 8 x 8 digital stage box that is capable of doing many amazing and useful things. And all this comes at a price anyone can afford. It's built to be road ready and the compact housing only takes up three rack spaces, and connects to the front of house over a single inexpensive Cat 5e cable.
The main features of the Behringer SD16 Digital Stage Box include:
- 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 8 analogue, servo-balanced XLR outputs AES50 network ports featuring KLARK TEKNIK’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- 4-port ULTRANET distribution hub for powered connection of 2 BEHRINGER P16-M personal monitoring mixers
- Digital audio and control connectivity for TURBOSOUND speaker systems with ULTRANET networking capability
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for installed and mobile applications
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading multiple units—no merger or router required
- Up to 100 m networking capability via CAT-5e cable (not included)
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- Ultra-compact and roadworthy, all-steel chassis
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany